Wednesday 12 June 2013

biiru.

I have actually just had a pretty poor week (due to a number of factors, including but not limited to the fact my local vending machine is out of Coke Zero), so today I thought I would catch you up on some fun times from a couple of weeks ago I never got the time to write about. So a while back, Orie invited Corey, Cheyenne and I around to her apartment, with the express purpose of drinking beer. The really confusing part of this was that none of us like beer, however, Orie has a strange belief that if you try enough different beers, you will grow to like it. Why, I know not, but out of love for Orie we agreed to give it a go.





In the end we bought something like sixteen cans of beer to try. We weren’t really consuming that much alcohol since we were only tasting each kind, so we had expected to finish our beer tasting in the one night. However, after struggling through six, we were unable to continue, so had to split our beer tasting over two nights. Having suffered through sixteen types of beer, I did have to admit that, whilst I still would not actively choose beer to drink, Orie’s system was somewhat correct. I think that perhaps I am a little more tolerant of the taste of beer than I was previously. Through the process I also realised that tomato beer is very, very strange.



Orie even made a final, surprise, gravity-defying beer (apple jelly, but the resemblance was uncanny), which was without a doubt my favourite beer of the night!




Who knows, perhaps one day I will be a beer-drinker! Or, perhaps it was just the good company that dulled my aversion to the beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment