Monday 24 June 2013

ōsaka : part one.




Despite being so horrendously behind, I am going to attempt to keep things chronological, or I will most likely never return to explain anything. Therefore, we will begin with Ōsaka! I had been looking forward to this trip for weeks and weeks – not only was it my first time venturing out of Gifu or Nagoya, but I was also going to meet two of my favourite people. I only arrived on Friday evening, but after much shrieking, hugging and jumping, we managed to get out to see a little of the town.



We started going out by going for a wander, but were so enthralled by the sight of the Umeda Sky Building we couldn’t help but be drawn to it.




As the light left the sky we zipped up in glass elevators and through fluorescent passages, until we reached the top.



The view was stunning. Viewing the city from a height, with all the lights, and the Yodo River running through, it somehow felt very Parisian (probably helped along by the romantic nature of the observatory).










 

As it got darker, the lights from the city became more vibrant, although I was a little too distracted by the party going on with my outfit. 






We were all a little tired from travelling so called a fairly early night. The next day the weather looked intimidating, but we headed out enthusiastically for Ōsaka-jō. We just managed to beat the rain.








In the afternoon, we split for a little, with Georgie wanting to experience an onsen, and Natalie choosing to give it a miss. After, we met again to head into Namba for some shopping, but, with soaking clothes and tired feet, eventually finding refuge in a little coffee shop. I am very sad to say that the coffee I braved was the worst six dollar coffee I have ever purchased, but fortunately the company made up for the coffee’s failings.





I will save the evening’s shenanigans for Ōsaka : part two, the release of which can be expected in the next day or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment