Monday 13 May 2013

abokadorōru.


Now is the time to stop reading if you have a particular affection for Japanese food culture. I have destroyed it. Worse, I have Australianised it. Its not that I have any problem with Japanese food (I feel like I have hit the jackpot as far as national cuisine goes - the amount of udon I have consumed has begun to become physically apparent). The only defence I have to offer is that I love avocados, a lot, and in Australia my go-to sushi roll has long been the shamefully uncultured avocado roll. Unfortunately for me, the avocado roll is far from being a Japanese food. So what is a girl to do but make her own? As one who is far too lazy to actually make sushi from scratch, I have devised the way to make my own avocado roll with least inconvenience to myself.

To start, I go to the convenience store or supermarket and buy some delicious inari and an avocado.



Slice avocado and indelicately shove it into the side of the inari pocket.




Serve with kawaii Japanese homewares.



Delicious tofuey, avocadoey yumminess.

No comments:

Post a Comment