Thursday 9 May 2013

ane.


The hardest thing about being in Japan is being away from my family and friends. Whilst I thought I was doing okay, I had a moment of self-realisation in class today when, talking about my sister, my neighbour performed a subtle eye roll. ‘Surely’, thought I, ‘Surely I can’t talk about her all that much.’ On further reflection however, I did find myself acknowledging a common theme of class conversation was my sister – from her existence to her occupations, hobbies, interests, likes, dislikes. As my classmates lack siblings I may need to find a new person to talk about. In any case, I think my rambling about “私の姉” perhaps indicates I miss people from home a little more than I thought. For now, Skype will have to suffice until July, when she comes to visit! 



No comments:

Post a Comment