Monday 6 May 2013

id.


As planned I managed to make it into Nagoya on Saturday night. The club we went to is called ID Café, and was (in my inexperienced opinion) very cool. It felt crazy to be leaving Gifu at five thirty all dressed up, but nightlife gets going a lot earlier here. In addition, we decided to ride our bikes to the station, which takes about an hour. Thus, five thirty. 



The club is in Sakae, which is the area of Nagoya best known for its nightlife. From speaking to Japanese people, ID is known for attracting gaijin, but to me it seemed there were a lot of Japanese people there. There are five floors, but I only explored the upper floors briefly, since the bottom floor was by far the liveliest. I didn’t hear much Japanese music through the evening, but since the playlist included ‘Call Me Maybe’ I wasn’t complaining.




The best part of the night was being a foreigner. I decided to take it as a licence to dance however I liked, and test ran a number of moves I’ve been working on. Although my dancing appeared to be accepted (and even appreciated by some), I payed a price for my energetic raving with my entire body aching the next morning. The club closes at one, and I was really lucky to have a friend driving back to Gifu. Even so, I only rolled into bed at four, and was up again at eight to get ready to go back to Nagoya to get to church! Suffice it to say, I slept well last night.

2 comments:

  1. you're crazy clubs close at 1am there? I went clubbing at Roppongi here and I didnt come home till 7am. Clubs were still at it at 5am. I hate you hahahahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I guess that is Tokyo for you though. I don't know if it is all clubs in Nagoya, but I think a lot in Sakae close pretty early.

      Delete