Saturday 20 April 2013

doraemon.

Yesterday was a very exciting day for me; I finally got a phone. I decided on an iPhone 5, since without a smart phone I am guaranteed to get terribly lost, and iPhones are cheapest in Japan. I owe Julie in a big way for doing all of the communication involved (you may have seen my haiku dedicated to her on Facebook or Instagram). Thanks to this I am now super-contactable - stay in touch via Facebook, Instagram, Skype, WhatsApp, phone, Japanese email, normal email, or snail mail. If you want any (or all!) of these contact options, let me know and I will send them through.



Whilst I was waiting for my phone application to be processed, I started on my first Japanese (language) manga. I chose one called Doraemon. 



I chose it because it is supposedly written for children, although I'm not sure that is right as it takes me anywhere between sixty and ninety minutes to read a page. I also chose it since it has furigana, which are little hiragana next to kanji to help you work out what on earth they mean. 



From what I can tell, it is a story about a boy and a cat (potentially sent from the future, I got a little confused at that part). I hope to finish it by the end of semester... 


No comments:

Post a Comment