Monday 15 April 2013

kyoukai.



Only a short post today. Yesterday I ventured into Nagoya for the first time, in order to go to church. I was unnecessarily stressed about getting there, so left myself two hours to get there, but I should be able to cut it down to a little over an hour (phew). The trip is bus, train, subway, but unlike Australia, Japanese public transport runs to schedule, making it a lot easier to negotiate connections.

Church itself was great. I went to Mustard Seed Nagoya, which is a bilingual, seemingly non-denominational church that (from what I have heard) faithfully preaches the good news. It was such a comfort to see the way God transcends the constraints of country or culture, with people from Japan and beyond joining together to worship. Probably my favourite aspect of the service was the music – not only were the music team good, but Hillsong sounds SO cool in Japanese! I met a few people after the service, all of whom were very friendly, I hope to meet more next week.

I didn’t want to be creepy taking photos at church, but here is a picture of the train safety sign from my trip home...



I will put up a phototastic post soon about the rest of my weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment