Thursday 25 April 2013

tenki.


Yesterday was such horrid weather, it was raining and pouring all day and there was water everywhere. My spirits were lifted by the fact I got to wear my gumboots, thereby instantaneously justifying the third of my luggage allowance they had occupied.




I had class, and then had my compulsory university health check. I had no idea what any of the nurses or doctors were saying to me, so at every point I just stammered out “Is that okay…?” in my dubious Japanese. Luckily every time I asked I was answered with an affirmative, so no dramas there. After, I trudged back to my room, changed shoes, and refused to brave the outdoors for the remainder of the day.



This morning I was delighted to wake up to a very different kind of day; the is sun shining, and it is perhaps the warmest day since I’ve been here. Spring has sprung and everything around Gifu is starting to look a lot greener. I took some photos from my classroom window.





It is an excellent view for staring out at whilst daydreaming and not thinking about Japanese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment